Best Pet Odor Eliminator
It’s likely that house training a dog is the most frustrating responsibility of a pet owner. The worst part is the urine smell that you can never seem to get rid of. These best pet odor eliminator products will keep your home smelling fresh and clean, even when you’re potty training your new puppy.
Welcome to the readers who have visited my article, start joining our community to share experiences on how to take care of dogs,
recipes, good stories, attractive videos, Interesting engravings are you captured on your dog. I am here to help you make this happen, make your life and your dog the best. You can support us here.
Every urine odor eliminator is made up of chemicals that can destroy the uric acid component of your pet’s urine. Uric acid can make the urine odor last for as long as six years if it is not cleaned. Ammonia, chlorine, baking soda, soap, or even hydrogen peroxide can never remove the odor caused by uric acid.
There are many brands of liquid odor eliminators in the market today. To get good information about these most popular choices would prove useful before you can decide on which odor eliminator to buy.
Top 9 Best Pet Odor Eliminator Comparison
Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator 8 oz. bottle- Industrial Strength Pet Odor Remover Review
The Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator leaves a real fresh citrus scent wherever you apply it. It uses a commercial grade scent that is powerful enough to eliminate odors like those in feedlots, poultry farms, sludge-ponds, rendering plants, as well as boarding kennels.
Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator is a urine dog eliminator that is extremely safe and non-toxic. In fact, Angry Orange uses a custom formula that is derived from natural orange peel oil. Thus, it is biodegradable.
Angry Orange is also proud of the versatility of this odor eliminator. In fact, aside from using it inside the home, you can also use it in the yard or anywhere that has an odor that bothers you. You can also use it in cat litter boxes, pet waste removal surfaces, kennel surfaces, or the dog house.
Moreover, Angry Orange is even used by some people in eliminating house odors especially after a long party or after everyone has consumed a lot of alcohol. Everyone knows that drunk people also leave smells around. By using Angry Orange, it will leave an amazingly fresh smell of orange.
What is more interesting about Angry Orange is that it is not just the regular synthetic orange scent that you can get from your typical air fresheners. Angry Orange is all about a fresh orange scent that soothes and refreshes everyone even after a number of days.
The commercial grade citrus odor is almost guaranteed to remove even the strongest pet odors that you will encounter. Aside from that, Angry Orange has a highly concentrated formulation. This is why even just a little of it goes a long way.
- Commercial grade
- Derived from the oil found in orange peels – safe and non-toxic
- Can be used indoors and outside
- Angry Orange offers a 100% money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied
- A select few buyers say the odor of this product is unpleasant and too strong
- Some consumers claim this product does not work
Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator Review
If you are looking for a good dog urine remover, you can opt for the Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator. It eliminates odors, stains, and residue. It cleans up not just the stains but the stink that comes with the vomit, feces, and urine from your pets.
This enzyme-activated odor eliminator uses natural enzymatic bacteria to deal with the stains and odors by feeding on their ammonia crystals. Once the ammonia and other organic matter are consumed by the bacteria, the nasty odor is gone.
The Rocco & Roxie odor eliminator may not be the best dog urine remover in the market but it is certainly safe and gentle. It is free from chlorine and does not have toxic colors that can harm your pets or your children. It is actually Certified Safe by the Carpet and Rug Institute.
It can also be used to clean up stains on many surfaces such as floors, carpets, furniture, kennels and boxes. The enzymatic bacteria can feed on the ammonia crystals at any temperature so this odor eliminator is very versatile.
This Rocco & Roxie product has this faint sweet smell that is similar to that of baked bread. In fact, when there are mysterious stains that just appear from nowhere, you can spray it with Rocco & Roxie and then the next day, it will be completely gone.
Rocco & Roxie boasts of its versatility and safety. The scent that it leaves is also one that is assumed to be good and sweet.
Pet Stain and Odor Remover Review
The Particular Paws Pet Stain and Odor Remover is another odor eliminator that removes both old and new stains. The toughest old stains on fabric are removed by the professional formula that contains bio-enzymes. Whether the odor or stains are caused by feces, vomit or urine, Particular Paws can get rid of it fast.
The enzymes in Particular Paws eliminate the odor by destroying the bacteria that cause them. When the smell is removed by the chemical, it is less likely that pets will soil the same area. This is because the source of the smell itself is eliminated.
Particular Paws odor eliminator is another product that has a seal of approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute. This is why it is guaranteed to be safe and effective for use. It can also be used in a variety of locations such as the pet bedding, crates, vehicles, cages, litter boxes, and many more.
This odor eliminator may not be the best odor remover but it is guaranteed to be safe for use by the whole family. The environment-friendly formula does not contain any dangerous chemicals. Moreover, it leaves a fresh scent.
The main mechanism behind the use of this odor eliminator is the action of the enzyme cleaners. These cleaners first eliminate the bacteria and thus prevent any other odor from forming. This further neutralizes the smell of the feces, vomit, or urine.
Another big advantage of the Particular Paws odor eliminator is that it cuts down the time needed for cleansing. This is because the enzymes neutralize the bacteria of the dirt, so these enzymes make cleaning fast and there will be no need for extra effort.
BUBBAS, Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner-Pet Odor Eliminator Review
The Bubbas Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner is a scientifically formulated odor eliminator that can clean all affected areas of your house. You can use it on your floors, rugs, carpets, and upholstery. This makes Bubbas the best dog pee cleaner for many people.
The natural organic ingredients of the Bubbas Super Strength are capable of destroying pet odors and removing stains. Bubbas uses dormant bacteria that feed on the chemical that is contained in dog or cat urine.
Unlike many deodorizers that utilize active bacteria, Bubbas uses a special formula made up of billions of enzymes. These enzymes destroy the stains and eliminate the nasty odor almost immediately.
As another odor eliminator approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute, the Bubbas Super Strength is a top-rated choice of many customers. This is because it has a variety of uses. It can be used not only in the house but also in the auto and laundry room as well as for litter boxes and carpets.
Another interesting thing about the Bubbas Super Strength is that it can be used to remove odors that are not entirely made by pets. These include shoe odor, grass stains, and anything with odor-causing bacteria.
Moreover, it is safe because of the biological nature of the enzymes in it. Bubba is also useful in removing odorless stains like blood, coffee spills, soda stains, wine, ketchup, organic food stains, and other undesirable stains.
Petzyme Pet Stain Remover & Odor Eliminator, Enzyme Cleaner for Dogs Review
The Petzyme Pet Stain Remover & Odor Eliminator permanently gets rid of odors from pet urine, feces, vomit and more, especially the tough odor of cat urine. It does not hide bad odors. Instead, it totally eliminates them from the source so that they will never come back.
Petzyme is safe to use on almost any surface. This includes carpets, fabrics, upholstery and furniture.
It also works on all water-free surfaces. Moreover, you can use it even outside the house like on litter boxes, tiles, cages, automobiles, pet beds, sleeping bags, and concrete.
The combination of enzymes, bacteria, citrus extracts, and surfactants derived from plants makes Petzyme one of the best odor eliminators in the market today. What is more interesting with Petzyme is that you can even use it on clothing without worrying about it discoloring the fabric.
This synergistic combination of natural elements is much better than traditional chemicals. Traditional cleaners only mask the bad odors with fragrance. This does not remove the source of the smell at all and so pet animals will not stop going back to the same place where they last left their dirt.
As an environment-friendly and pet-friendly odor eliminator, Petzyme can be used for many pet animals. These include dogs, cats, birds as well as small caged animals like hamsters and guinea pigs.
The enzymes of the Petzyme odor eliminator break down the particles that cause the stinky odor. They do this by penetrating deep into the particles. When the enzymes do this, the odor is permanently removed.
Powered Pet Odor & Stain Remover for Dog and Cat Urine – (1 gallon) Review
This best pet odor eliminator also eliminates stains, rather from urine, feces, vomit, or any other mess. It is enzyme activated to ensure a deep clean.
The natural enzymatic bacteria are activated on contact with odors and stains, and it feeds on the matter until it is completely eliminated. This product from Rocco & Roxie is gentle and safe, as it contains no chlorine or hazardous propellants, and it doesn’t leave behind any residue.
You can use this product on carpets, furniture, clothing, kennels, carriers and more! It is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, claiming it is Amazon’s best-seller for a reason. If you are unhappy with your purchase, the company will refund your money in full.
Anyone with a pet knows it is nearly impossible to find a product that will fully remove urine odor, especially in furniture and carpet. Customers back this product, claiming it is the only odor eliminator that truly works (and many say they have tried everything available). Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator can even get red wine stains out of carpet! Reviewers say it does not ruin carpet or make it stiff, but you still may want to spot test a small section to make sure!
If stains are old or set in, some customers say this product does not work as well (but most would argue it is still worth a try, as many have been able to remove these without a problem). The scent is too strong for a few reviewers, and some say the stain somehow came back after time.
- Eliminates odors and stains
- Formulated with natural enzymatic bacteria that are activated on contact with odors and stains
- Contains no chlorine or hazardous propellants
- Some consumers claim this best pet odor eliminator doesn’t work as well on set in stains
- A few buyers complained that the scent is too strong
Nature’s Miracle Urine Destroyer Stain and Residue Eliminator Review
This bio-enzymatic formula from Nature’s Miracle is said to eliminate odor, stains, and sticky residue from carpets, furniture, clothing, and more. It is guaranteed to permanently eliminate stains and odors, so it is definitely worth a try! The self-proclaimed urine destroyer also works to discourage re-soiling due to its dual-action, odor-control system that destroys odors on contact.
To use, simply wipe away any excess urine and soak the surface thoroughly with Nature’s Miracle. Wait five minutes, and wipe away. Customers attest to the fact that this best pet odor eliminator works on old, set in stains and fresh spots alike. It may take more than one application, but vigilance and patience are key.
Reviewers who had rented or purchased expensive steam cleaners wish they would have saved their money by purchasing Nature’s Miracle Urine Destroyer Stain and Residue Eliminator from the beginning, as it has cleaned what the others had left behind.
Unhappy reviewers say that this product makes the urine stains smell worse than before, but this only happened with very few customers. As with any carpet spray, be sure to spot test a section of your carpet, as some pet owners have had a bad experience with discoloration.
- Guaranteed to permanently eliminate stains and odors
- Works to discourage re-soiling due to its dual-action, odor-control system
- Customers attest to the fact that it works on set in stains
- A few buyers said this best pet odor eliminator made the stain smell even worse
BISSELL 2X Pet Stain & Odor Full Size Machine Formula Review
This product is made to be used in full size deep cleaning machines (Bissell, Hoover, Dirt Devil, Rug Doctor, etc. . .), whether rented or purchased. It is extra concentrated to provide the ultimate cleaning experience while removing soils and stains. This formula from Bissell contains biodegradable detergents and is free of phosphates, dyes, optical brighteners, or heavy metals.
The Scotchgard formula helps to protect carpet from future stains. The odor control helps to prevent your pet from going back and soiling the same area more than once.
If you have access to a full size deep cleaning machine, Bissell 2X Pet Stain & Odor Full Size Machine Formula is definitely worth a try, according to many satisfied customers. This best pet odor eliminator smells good and works best on fresh stains (as most cleaners do). Reviewers say that this is the best cleaner for upright machines without a doubt, and can be used on flooring or furniture.
You may have to use this on the same stain a couple of times before it comes up completely. Some unhappy customers say not to expect miracles from the product, claiming it did nothing in the way of helping lift their carpet stains. Other unsatisfied reviewers mentioned the odor of this solution was too strong or unpleasant.
- Made to be used in full size deep cleaning machines
- 2X concentrated
- Contains biodegradable detergents and is free of phosphates, dyes, optical brighteners, or heavy metals
- May have to use this best pet odor eliminator on the same stain multiple times to get results
- Some consumers say the odor of this cleaner is unpleasant and too strong
Sunny & Honey Pet Stain & Odor Remover, Enzyme Cleaner Review
This product claims to eliminate both new and old stains and odors with its natural enzyme formula. It is said to work on stains like urine, feces, and vomit. This odor eliminator from Sunny & Honey prevents pets from returning to the same spot more than once. It can also work on pet bedding, litter boxes, crates, cages, and in cars.
This best pet odor eliminator is made in the USA & 10% of the profits from this product are donated to animal rescues and shelters. This product is said to be great on stains and odors, according to customers who had tried multiple other products prior to purchasing this.
The clean scent is chemical-free, and Sunny & Honey Pet Stain and Odor Miracle is safe for use around children and other animals. The odor of this product is not as strong as many of the other options available. Unlike some products that seem to make the smell of pet stains worse, many customers attest to the fact that this actually helps to neutralize the odor.
Of course, some people do not like the scent of this spray, describing it as cheap perfume that only masks the odor. Others claim that this product does not work to make stains disappear, and that it is a complete waste of time. However, these people are few and far between, so it is definitely worth a try if you have set in stains and are looking for a promising solution!
- Claims to eliminate both new and old stains and odors
- Natural enzyme formula removes stains from urine, vomit and feces
- Prevents your pet from returning to mark the same spot twice
- Made in the USA and 10% of proceeds benefit animal shelters and rescue organizations
- Some buyers did not enjoy the scent of this spray
- A select few customers claim the product does not work at all
How to Housetrain a Dog?
Now that you have picked the best pet odor eliminator to fight off that nasty urine smell your new puppy may leave as you continue to train him, you may want to look into effective techniques on how to housetrain your puppy.
In the below video and step by step guide, you can get some great tips and tricks for effective house training. Follow these to avoid any mistakes, which will hopefully ensure that you deal with a lot less urine smells and stains around your home left by your pup.
Pet Odor Eliminator Buyer’s Guide
There are things that you need to be aware of when buying odor eliminators and this includes its different features.
1) Function – Buy odor eliminators that can eliminate both stains and odors. Some can only get rid of stains while some can only remove odors.
2) Type of Spray – Buy a pet odor remover with a continuous power spray Remember not to purchase one with a trigger spray. Aerosol products that are equipped with a continuous spray allow you to reach a wider area. It also allows you to penetrate deeply into fine fibers.
3) Type of Product – Go for liquid types of odor eliminators. The foam type is not the best odor eliminator.
Foam may actually remove dirt and other materials off the fibers in your carpet. However, it cannot sufficiently remove odors because odors need a longer contact time with the cleaner before they can be removed. Thus, the liquid type is better when it comes to eliminating odors.
4) Ingredients – Go for cleaners without ammonia. Odor eliminators that contain ammonia will encourage your puppy to go back to the spot which he used as a toilet. This is because ammonia mimics the smell of urine.
Many ordinary household cleaners that contain ammonia may smell like urine itself. Thus, the best urine remover must not have the smell of ammonia.
5) Formulation – Buy odor eliminators that are labelled especially for pets. Some are not to be used for pets but just for home furnishings.
The best pet odor remover is especially formulated for the task. Take note too that these formulations should be for removing pet odors and for cleaning up stains at the same time.
6) Presence of Enzymes – Go for products that contain special enzymes. The best pet odor eliminator is the one that destroys the proteins that cause the odor.
The job of the enzyme is to break down the proteins that bring about the nasty smell. However, take note that a good pet urine eliminator actually cleans up the mess and not just removes the smell.
7) Crystals and Powders – As an option, you may go for products that mention absorbent powders and crystals in their description. This can soak up the wet area and can dry very quickly. You can then just vacuum it up.
8) High Quality – The best pet stain and odor remover is one that is labeled as an odor neutralizing product. Go for trusted brands like Angry Orange, Bubbas, Petzyme, Rocco & Roxie or Particular Paws.
The chemical component of these brands is very similar to the type of chemical that government organizations and industrial plants would use in order to eliminate odors from their waste treatment facilities and food processing plants.
9) Nature of the Chemical – The best pet stain remover is non-flammable and can be applied on almost any fabric surface like carpets and dog beddings. You can even use these products for waterproof surfaces like hardwood floors.
10) Versatility – Go for an odor eliminator that can handle not just pet stains but almost every kind of organic stains like blood, wine, dirt, and grass. Other stains that are not caused by pets and which some odor eliminators can remove include the smell of alcohol and the smell of food after a party.
Having an odor eliminator with you all the time is very important when you want to maintain the comfort and cleanliness of your home. Nonetheless, there are a few things that you need to remember when you are using an odor eliminator to remove pet stains and dirt. Here are some things you should bear in mind.
- Make room for the fumes from your odor eliminator by making sure that you open the windows as well as the exhaust fans when you are cleaning. Even if it is the best pet stain remover in the world, it will still be irritating to the eyes and nose. This is necessary especially if one of your family members is allergic to fumes or is suffering from respiratory problems.
- Be careful when applying odor eliminators because the color of the liquid might get stuck in the fabric. If you are not sure about whether the product will stain or not, ask an expert to assist you.
- If you are using a water-based odor eliminator, do not over-wet. Water that penetrates the back of the rug can ruin it.
- Take extra care to prevent staining by placing a small sheet of aluminum under the legs of the furniture that is in contact with the carpet that you have just cleaned. Leave the aluminum foil until the carpet has completely dried.
- Allow the cleaned area to be moist for at least 24 hours. After which, do not blot or wipe. Instead, place a damp towel over the area and allow it to dry naturally. Even if you are using the best product for dog urine, you might still have to repeat the treatment for heavily affected areas.
Buying an Odor Eliminator Online
- If you are purchasing an odor eliminator online, make sure that you are getting one from the recommended brands. If the brand that you have chosen is something else and it turns out to be of low quality, then you might have a problem getting it exchanged.
- Make sure that you are getting an odor eliminator that is good enough to fit your needs.
All the five brands of odor eliminators featured above are almost very similar in terms of characteristics. Most of them are enzyme-based and so they eliminate the source of the bad odor at the molecular level or from the source itself. This leaves a permanently clean surface.
All of the brands of odor eliminators can also be used on a variety of surfaces such as carpets, floors and litter boxes. However, the best odor eliminator is the Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator.
This is because it has a fresh orange smell that is guaranteed to last for many days while reviews about the other brands do not necessarily mention anything about the scent. Moreover, the Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator can be used with other odors not caused by pets such as the smell of food and alcohol that is left by guests in the house.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR
Like this? Subscribe for more actionable tips for dog owners!