Best outdoor dog kennel are a great way to give your dog access to fresh air and sunshine without having to constantly supervise your dog. Large breeds and working breeds especially enjoy the chance to be outdoors and get more exercises than they would on a traditional walk. Many dogs prefer being outside when an owner is at work instead of being left indoors.
Welcome to the readers who have visited my article, start joining our community to share experiences on how to take care of dogs,
recipes, good stories, attractive videos, Interesting engravings are you captured on your dog. I am here to help you make this happen, make your life and your dog the best. You can support us here.
A secure kennel will make sure that your dog is safe from cars and other dangers. If you are planning on leaving a large dog outside for any amount of time you need to buy a well-constructed best outdoor dog kennel to keep your dog safe and happy.
Table of Contents
- 1 What To Look For In An Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- 2 Top 10 Best Outdoor Dog Kennel Comparison
- 2.1 1. Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Kennel
- 2.2 2. Dog Kennel with Waterproof Cover- Lucky Dog Modular Box Kennel
- 2.3 3. PetSafe Cottageview Boxed Kennel
- 2.4 4. ALEKO Dog Kennel Heavy Duty Pet Playpen
- 2.5 5. Advantek Pet Gazebo Modular Dog Kennel
- 2.6 6. IRIS Wire Pet Pen
- 2.7 7. My1stPet 8 Panels Metal Exercise Dog Playpen with Door
- 2.8 8. ShinShop 16 Panel Heavy Duty Cage Pet Dog
- 2.9 9. Chain Link Portable Dog Kennel
- 2.10 MidWest Homes for Pets Foldable Metal Exercise Pen
- 3 Things to Consider When Buying Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- 4 Summary
What To Look For In An Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
There are a lot of factors that you need to consider when you are looking at best outdoor dog kennel such as:
- The material the kennel is made of.
- The size of the kennel and the size of your dog.
- Is the kennel all-weather?
- Does the kennel have a roof?
- Does the kennel have mat floors or does it just sit on the ground?
- Where will the kennel be placed in the yard?
- What kind of shelter can be placed in the kennel for the dog?
What Must Be in Perfect Kennel?
Of course if you want to choose the best aviary for your domestic animal you must know some the most important things. It must be durable, and made from steel. The construction must be safe and convenient for your dog. Here must be enough place for your pat and his toys and feeders.
And it will be very useful, if it will have a special cover. So one of the best variants is The Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Dog Kennel with Free Cover.
What is The Best Price for Best Outdoor Dog Kennel?
we all understand, that good quality thing can’t be very cheap and if we want our domestic animal to have a good life, we must pay for it. Overall price of the aviary is about 160 dollars. For this money you can buy nice, safe and comfortable kennel.
Of course, if you have enough time, you can find something cheaper on the sale and buy it for 100 dollars.
What Disadvantages Can You Find After Buying the Kennel?
Maybe the first problem is small plastic details that must connect the parts of the aviary.
Unfortunately, they can be not very reliable. Another problem is when your domestic dislikes the cage and doesn’t want to seat there
What Cannel is the Most Comfortable for Your Dog?
To say the truth, the best outdoor dog kennel for your dogs is one that has enough place. In such cage your will fell himself freely. Moreover there must be special place for his things (balls and toys).
Generally speaking, you should plan on placing the dog kennel in a flat area of your yard where the kennel will be somewhat sheltered from both bad weather and direct sunlight. You should plan on keeping a dog house or some type of shelter in the kennel to give your dog a way to get out of the elements if your dog is going to be in the kennel for more than an hour. When you are considering what size kennel to buy, remember to take into account what size your dog will eventually be if the dog is still growing. Puppies can grow up pretty quickly and your puppy may outgrow a kennel in a few weeks if you don’t think ahead.
Related post: Top 10 Best Dog Grooming Table Reviews
Metal dog kennels with smooth edges are the best kind to get for your dog. Just make sure that the metal doesn’t become too hot when it’s left in the sun. Also, you should be sure that it’s heavy duty and able to stand up to the weather outside. There are lots of ways that you perform a little DIY to turn a commercial dog kennel or dog run into the perfect custom kennel for your dog’s needs. In an effort to help you, the reader, I hope we have decided to write up her views on all the outdoor dog kennels that we came across. Hopefully this saves you time and you find this very useful. Here’s a quick look at some of the best outdoor dog kennel on the market.
Top 10 Best Outdoor Dog Kennel Comparison
Our view: Top 10 Best Dog Stairs For Bed Reviews
“The pet stairs for dogs becomes popular as many pet owners are trying to help dogs with their high-grade arthritis, allowing your dog to easily and safely access their favorite points, can support an older Labrador Retrieder dog, or just a small dog like a Chihuahua that can not climb up or down from your bed without being supported.”
The Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By Lucky Dog Uptown Welded is a very solid kennel. It’s made from 10-gauge steel. It weighs about 100 pounds and is made from heavy duty metal that won’t fall apart during weather. The panels are changeable so you can move the panels around to create the configuration that works best for you. You can place the gate panel anywhere so you can change the access point of the kennel easily. This model comes with a large plastic tarp like cover that secures over the top with ties and clips and extends down the sides of the kennel. However, there is no actual roof on the kennel.
If you wanted to make this kennel a little more weather proof you could add plywood to the top to create a solid roof that wouldn’t let in the elements instead of just using the cover that is provided. Overall, this kennel is easy to put together and very sturdy which makes it a great fit for most dogs. However, it’s not huge, so a bigger dog probably wouldn’t have enough room to be comfortable in this kennel for a long period of time. If your dog is over 100 pounds, you should look for a larger kennel.
Key Features and Benefits:
- It’s a professionally welded steel kennel. Therefore, your dog won’t get injured by the sharp edges of the wire mesh or steel bars.
- The welded steel is rust-resistant and corrosion protective.
- It’s more sturdy than chain link.
- You can set up quickly by using easy hand tightening the clamp. No tools are required.
- It has steel roof frame and waterproof cover at the top. Hence, your pet will be protected from rain, sun, snow or debris.
- The roof is steep. So water or garbage run off instead of accumulating on the roof cover.
- It’s designed in such a way that you can clean it quickly. Wipe out the raised legs and protect your pet from bacteria and dirt.
- Waterproof cover
- Built from heavy-duty welded steel
- Easy to assemble
- The wires and bars in this kennel are well-coated eliminating the sharp edges for your dog’s safety
- A determined dog might learn to open the gate latch with time as it’s not as secure
Ideal for both puppies and adult dogs, the best outdoor dog kennel by Lucky Dog Modular Box is exactly what you should look for. This dog kennel not only assures you some free time, but also will keep your dog happy, safe and comfortable. With a large space for playing and running around, you will never have to worry again about your dog escaping your backyard.
Steel bars and wire mesh are designed to prevent edges that might harm your pet, and the waterproof rooftop has been created to prevent any leakage and water penetration, sun, rain or snow, it also has UV protection. Your dog will enjoy this best outdoor dog kennel for years and you will not have to be worried about any ripped material, rusted bars or cracking.
If you are the owner of more than one dog, depending on the size of your dogs, the place where they go to sleep will be smaller or larger. The ideal is to create individual houses so many dogs can have their own container with water and food, avoiding disputes. The best outdoor dog kennel by Lucky Dog Modular Box is specially designed to be divided, if you want or need so.
The product has one door with two locking mechanisms, the metal plate easily extends for maintenance, and the cage’s assembly does not require additional tools. The panels are pre-assembled and can be quickly and easily connected. Easy to assemble, and is very compact after being disassembled. This outdoor dog kennel is perfect if you need it while you are away, letting your dog free after you come back, and also saving some space. Without any sharp edge, easy to clean and maintain, the best outdoor dog kennel by Lucky Dog Modular Box is the most safety and comfortable product that you can choose to provide your dog the freedom and the space it needs.
Key Features and benefits:
- This kennel can be set up easily by using hand tightening clamps. No tools are required. In addition, Modular panels offer fast connection.
- It’s a safe dog kennel. It has no sharp edges or fixtures to injure your pet. Furthermore, it has seamless welding providing the greatest safety measure for your pup.
- Due to 1.5” raise leg, you can clean it easily to keep your pet healthy and sound. Easy cleanup ensures prevention from bacteria or dirt.
- It has dog safe lockable latch which protects your dog from any injury.
- This kennel has commercial grade steel frame, round tube design and welded wire mesh.
- Modular design
- Easy to clean
- Lockable latch
- Durable and stable
- Easy to assemble
- Does not come any assemble manual to set up
- Bit expensive
The Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By PetSafe Cottageview Boxed is perfect for outdoors if you’re one to experience all weather conditions. It is was built to be placed outside. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it’s also suitable for all weather conditions. It provides a wonderful size for your pets to run around and play. In addition, it comes with a free sunshade so your dogs can be protected on the sunnier of days.
You can also buy extra chain-link panels should your pet grow or your family should grow and get more dogs. Again, the best part of this outdoor dog kennel is that it’s an excellent value and is expandable should your family grow.
Key Features and Benefits:
- It is super easy to setup and takes less than an hour for a person to complete the setup.
- It’s durable, and you’ll love the black color coated finishing.
- It’s rust resistant. So it has high longevity.
- It has pinch proof gate.
- Its dimension is 5′ L x 5′ W x 4′ H. So enough place for the small dog to run around.
- It has Sunblock top which can protect your dog from excess heat and harmful rays. It works as a good shade and thus creates a cooler environment.
- Built from top quality wire
- Features a sunblock
- Black powder coating improves its durability
- The sunblock doesn’t cover the kennel entirely
The Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By ALEKO Heavy Duty Pet Playpen is very sturdy because it’s made from galvanized steel. But it’s only 4 feet high so if you have a bigger dog, you will definitely need to construct some type of top to keep the dog from jumping or climbing out. One of the nice features on this playpen kennel is that you can combine multiple playpens together to make as large of a chain link dog kennel as you need. But, because of the small size, this kennel is much better-suited for indoor use or use on an apartment balcony or condo patio.
The Aleko Pet Playpen is also a multiple use pet pen and can be used to create a catio or even a chicken coop. So if you are planning on adding other animals to the household or if you have cats or other animals as well as dogs, this would be a good choice because it can be used for different types of animals. The price is a bit high for a small kennel. If you are only going to use this indoors, you can probably find one that is more affordable. But if your budget isn’t quite so limited, this is a great choice for an indoor and outdoor kennel.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Galvanized steel makes it rust resistant and protects from corrosion.
- Made up of quality material with heavy duty frame. So it’s durable and rigid.
- You have the option to connect multiple playpens together.
- It has easy setup manual. You can assemble it within a few minutes.
- It has easy transportation and easy door opening system.
- Enough space for the dog to play inside without any trouble.
- Easy transportation
- Both for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to assemble
- It has enough space inside
- No covering at the top
- The dog may suffer in bad weather
The Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By Advantek Pet Gazebo Modular can actually be used indoors as well. If you have two smaller dogs that don’t like to be crated separately when you’re not home this kennel can keep them secure inside the home as well as outside the home. Its octagon shape gives the kennel a little more room than a square or rectangular kennel. The tarp cover fits securely onto over the entire top with a top piece that screws in and clips to hold it down along the edges of the octagon.
However, the closure on this kennel and the clips that hold the panels together are plastic and not very strong. A large dog could probably break the clips loose pretty easily. If your dog is an escape artist this kennel definitely isn’t secure enough to keep your dog from getting out. It also can be difficult to put together if you are putting it together without help. If you have small to medium dogs and you want a dual purpose kennel that can be used indoors or outdoors this would be a good choice. But if your dog is over about 80 pounds, this probably isn’t the best choice for you.
Key Features and Benefits:
- You can easily set it up within 10 minutes and without any tool.
- It has a unique octagonal design.
- It has latching access window which is safe and secured. Your dog can’t come out through this window.
- It has a polyurethane reversible cover which is weather resistant.
- It ensures maximum protection with no disturbance of the outer element.
- It’s made up of sturdy steel with powder coated Aztek Gold finish to give you the durability.
- It’s perfect for pets up to 100 pounds.
- Travel-friendly kennel
- Weather-resistant cover
- Maximum protection
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to setup
- Anchors are required for ferocious dog like robust dog.
- A wide gap at the bottom might be risky for the very small dog.
Iris, a trusted pet accessory manufacturer, is the Company behind the design and engineering of this fantastic outdoor/indoor pet pen. It’s a heavy-duty cage developed with the aim to help you keep your dog, among other pets safe, comfortable and exercising in the best way. It measures 58 x 24 x 24 inches. The sturdy wires used to construct this unit feature an epoxy coating which guarantees their durability by shielding them from various depreciating factors like rust.
The panels twist easily making the assembly of this unit pretty easy. For the firm outdoor establishment, this unit comes with four robust anchors. With this best outdoor dog kennel, you can now enjoy a peace of mind knowing that your pet is comfortable, safe and exercising with no hindrance.
- High height to prevent dogs from jumping over the kennel
- Epoxy coated wires will last long
- Comes with four anchors for a secure assembly outdoors
- Can also fold into a fence to restrict pets
- This playpen is only suitable for those with small dogs. It might be a little flimsy for the large dogs.
The included metal stakes in this package are there to facilitate smooth and perfect panel arrangement. What’s more, the whole kennel features a black venin coating that shields it from rusting as well as other agents of depreciation. Each panel measures 31 x 32 x 8 inches.
Related post: Top 10 Best Dog Crate Reviews
- Ultra-durable construction
- The 8 ground stakes facilitate a firm establishment on the ground
- You are free to purchase and connect multiple playpens for a large kennel
- Easy to assemble
- Limited height: the big aggressive dogs might jump over it
Among the best large outdoor dog kennels that you could purchase in 2017 and beyond is this product by the ShipShop Company. It brings you 16 panels that can be interconnected to form multiple playpens for your pets. Each panel measures 31 x 24 x 8 inches. The panels are built from steel, a material known for its strength and corrosion resistance.
The featured hinged door in this package is there to ensure utmost security of your loved pets while restricting their movement significantly. Setting up this outdoor pet playpen is as easy as pie. You won’t need to seek any help. Again, you have the freedom to shape it however you wish; rectangular, square, among other forms.
- Ultra-durable; the panels and the door are built from high-grade steel
- Easy to set up
- The 16 panels can be used to set up multiple kennels
- A reasonable price
- Narrow gate- It could be tough for the pet owner to go through the gate. Fortunately, dogs will have no problem entering or exiting the kennel.
If you are looking for sun protective kennel for your dog, then I recommend you to go for Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By Chain Link Portable Yard. This Kennel has five different sizes.You can choose the suitable one from variable sizes of this kennel. I’ve listed it on the best dog kennels because of its sun blocking capacity and patented design with rounded corner.
Key Features and benefits:
- It is galvanized chain-link kennel which makes it rust free and corrosion resistant.
- It has strong steel framed design which ensures its stability.
- Patented design with rounded corner makes the set up of the kennel easy.
- The kennel has handy one-hand latch operation to open and close the door easily and quickly.
- It doesn’t need traditional hardware for setup of the kennel.
- This kennel is portable, and you can relocate it easily.
- Rust resistant and portable
- Patented design with durable material.
- Easy to relocate
- No tools are required to assemble
- Zip ties are of thin plastic which is not durable.
This Best Outdoor Dog Kennel By MidWest Homes ranking at number one in this list us.
The excellent construction and the sufficient space created by this pet exercise pen make it the #1 choice for most dog owners. The pen creates a 16sqft area after assembly. It’s built with your dog’s exercising needs in mind.
Beyond providing your dog with sufficient space, this unit is also sturdy and attractive. It comes with eight heavy-duty panels that you can arrange in your preferred configuration. The featured double-latch door in this unit will allow your dog(s) to go in and out easily. What’s interesting, this kennel folds to a compact size for convenient transport and storage. Setting it up is also a breeze.
- Creates a 16sqft area when assembled
- The black e-coat finish improves its durability
- Sturdy and secure double latch step-through door access
- No tools required to set up
- The welding clamps used to connect the panels have sharp edges that could harm your dog. Fortunately, when bent, they will cause no harm
Things to Consider When Buying Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
Purchasing a dog kennel that meets all your requirements isn’t an easy task. When you want to buy one of the best dog kennels, you need to consider some points. How you’ll buy the best product without doing some research? So far, I’ve researched the best products above considering some factors. Now, I want to let you know the factors I’ve considered. It may help you at the end to choose the best outdoor dog kennel.
Materials of the kennel
For choosing the best outdoor dog kennel, first and the foremost duty is to check its material. The construction should be of a high-grade material to ensure its durability. In the market, most of the kennels are made up of metal or steel and some are made up of wooden materials or clothing material. Whatever the material is, you need to ensure that it’s safe and durable for your dog. The steel made kennel should be welded or coated properly in the finishing. Otherwise, your dog might get injured with the sharp edges.
You have to ensure that your dog is comfortable with the kennel you choose for your dog. If the kennel is comfortable for your pet, then they will enjoy staying, sleeping and playing inside. Otherwise, they’ll become restless and might get frustrated due to the imbalanced environment. With a good kennel, a comfortable dog’s bed is also necessary for your dog’s comfort inside the kennel.
Pros of best outdoor dog kennel
As we mentioned previously, dog enclosures provide a way for your dog to freely get exercise in a safe environment. Now when we say safe environment, we mean both for your dog and for all of your property that your dog may want to chew and destroy. Outside dog enclosures allow your dog to expend a lot of energy as they are going to be constantly stimulated by all of the things that make nature beautiful.
When you take your dog for a hike, the biggest drain of their energy is all the mental energy that they are exerting vice mellowing and looking in constantly being distracted in all the other little wonderful things about nature. The physical aspect of running around does expend a lot of energy, however most obedience instructors will agree that mental activities drainer dog of energy a lot quicker than physical ones.
Are you looking for best dog crate for your giant Fido? You’re in the right place as I’m about to share my own personal experience with crating my pooch and then proceed to give you some suggestions on possible options. read more >>>
They do make dog enclosures that are strictly for inside, however, your dog just doesn’t get tired out enough as they would when they are outside due to the mental stimulation. An best outdoor dog kennel is the way to go!
In addition to keeping your dog safe and stimulated, placing a dog kennel outside allows for a great alternative to the standard dog crate. Now, we are advocates of letting your dog sleep inside, however, for those of you who enjoy keeping your dogs outside at all times in a dog house, an best outdoor dog kennel is a great place for you to keep your dog.
Another benefit to having a best outdoor dog kennel, is that the proper dog outdoor kennel is going to have been made of quality in durable materials. This means that unlike a dog playpen, the outdoor dog enclosure is going to last for a very long time. When you’re looking for the best outdoor dog kennel, you want to make sure that you look for all the qualities that we had highlighted before in the table and that we highly in all the individual product reviews below. Remember, as it stated, we buy things that last.
The last main benefit that we have for outdoor kennels, is that they are come in all different sizes. So if you’re looking for a large outdoor dog enclosure, you can grab an outdoor kennel that has additional chain-link dog kennel panels that you can purchase.
This also works if you have a mutt that you got from a pet agency and you don’t know exactly how large the dog is going to get. You can start off with a smaller outdoor dog kennel and then expand the dog kennel through chain-link dog kennel panels so that the dog kennel is the proper size for your pup.
Cons of outdoor dog kennel
The only major con that we were able to find for outdoor kennel for dogs, is that usually the chain-link dog kennels are very aesthetically pleasing. They do tend to take up a good amount of room in your backyard, and they don’t look the best.
One way that we found people are combating this problem with, is that they are planning shrubbery around the dog enclosure and then you can get pet friendly vines that will grow up and around the dog enclosure. As long as you trim them and make sure they don’t get out of control, this will make your dog kennel look great outdoors.
Important Features of Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
Most of the outdoor dog kennels are made with special technique so that they don’t fall over or get blown away by strong winds or earthquakes. They are manufactured to stay upright and provide shelter to your dog in every possible condition. Their edges are also sometimes made to be dug into the ground, so that it becomes two times more reliable to protect your dog and provide him with safety.
Outdoor Dog Kennel Panels
Usually, there is a set of four walls surrounding the kennel, along with dog kennel fencing, and you’ll see that these are the main things that make up the whole kennel. Sometimes these walls are just iron rods, as in the cases of dog cages, or otherwise they are made of Panels. These panels can be made of wood, metal, fabric, or any other thing. But they mainly contribute to keep the dog constantly surrounded by walls, providing him with comfort and security.
Dogs are considered a man’s best friend. As such, it is critical to dog lovers that their dogs have the freedom to roam around inside and outside the house. There are a lot of advantages of having best dog doors for both the dog and the dog owner. read more >>>
Most of the times, a door is carved into one of the walls, through which the dog and come out and go in any time he wants, and you can also check on your pet from time to time through the door, keeping a perfect eye on him.
There are several options available when it comes to the flooring of the kennels. These make up the main surface of the kennels, and they form an important part of the kennel, as this is where the dog is always going to sit. It’s your duty to make sure that the material with which the surface is made is comfortable for him to sit on, and doesn’t bother him. It shouldn’t be too hard and rough, but it should be soft and durable.
Containers for food
Some of the kennels come with built-in containers, in which you can put in food and water for the dogs, so that they always remain full and comfortable, and don’t have to specifically come out every time they are thirsty or hungry.
Are the best outdoor dog kennel Safe?
Of course! These outdoor dog kennels have their own personal motto of always taking care of your pet dog and keeping him comfortable.
But there might be some cases where not enough care is taken while manufacturing the kennel, and it might result in some poisonous metals or substances being added into it while the manufacturing process.
This is why you should always take care to check for a guarantee which assures you that the kennel is free of any poisonous chemical or element, and that they will provide your dog with the best and the most reliable safety.
In order to make sure that your dog is even safer staying inside the kennel, make sure the kennel has exposed areas, which will let the air in and save him from suffocating.
Make sure the material is reliable and won’t drop or fall off, and just after this, you are free to rely onto it for the safety, comfort and security of your dog.
You love your dogs, right? But to take care of your pet properly, you need to have proper knowledge. Otherwise, your pet might suffer from various problems like frostbite and hypothermia. The above review of the best outdoor dog kennel is truly based on a day long research. So when you wish to buy kennel for your dog, look at the details of the dog kennels here to find the suitable kennel for your dogs.
Apart from a kennel, you can also think of buying a dog’s house if you haven’t done that yet. Not in all sense, but it can be a smart alternative of a outdoor dog kennel.
Related post: Top 10 Best Automatic Dog Feeder Reviews
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR
Like this? Subscribe for more actionable tips for dog owners!