You can actually bring your little friends along with you as your journey into the highway with the wind in your hair. You just need a safe way to keep your dog safe sticking with you and your motorcycle and a dog ready to go. A Motorcycle Dog Carrier will help you do this.
When it comes to motorcycles, dogs are like people: some love them, others do not. It varies from person to person.
Welcome to the readers who have visited my article, start joining our community to share experiences on how to take care of dogs,
recipes, good stories, attractive videos, Interesting engravings are you captured on your dog. I am here to help you make this happen, make your life and your dog the best. You can support us here.
Often, strong, confident dogs often have more noise, vibration and wind than shy dogs. This even applies to small dogs, who often have strong and crazy personality denying their size.
They are used to carrying and keeping on small dogs that are more comfortable riding on motorcycles than larger dogs. Many large dogs find the concept a little scary, and they respond by gliding away and trying to escape the situation.
Small dogs are also more suitable to become passengers for logistical reasons. They fit in smaller spaces and are easy to operate and operate. While some riders manage to get their big dog to climb the train and remain cool, calm and collected, this is the exception and not the rule.
Table of Contents
- 1 Considerations When Choosing a Buy Motorcycle Dog Carrier
- 2 Top 3 Best Motorcycle Dog Carrier Comparation
- 2.1 1. Kuryakyn 4199 The Pet Palace Bag
- 2.2 2. Saddlemen 3515-0131 Pet Voyager
- 2.3 3. Pet Ego Multifunctional Silver Pet Carrier – Airline Approved
Considerations When Choosing a Buy Motorcycle Dog Carrier
There are many motorcycle dog carrier products designed to make it safer and more comfortable when riding a motorcycle. Like all products, there is a big difference between those products that work well and those that do not.
- Crate-Style: There are two basic carrier styles: Some are small crates designed to mount on the back of your motorcycle, while others are backpack-like products, designed to be worn on your body. Either style can work well for you and your pup, you’ll just have to consider your needs and your dog’s personality when making the choice. Crate-style carriers will protect your pup better from the winds and road debris, as well as in the case of an accident. However, they don’t allow you as much contact with your pet and some dogs may feel safer riding around while directly strapped to mom or dad.
- Safety: No matter which carrier style you select, you must ensure that it contains your dog safely. Crate-style carriers should feature secure locks or latches to keep your dog from hoping out, and they must attach to your bike properly. Wearable carriers must keep your dog contained and prevent excessive wiggling, which may throw you off balance. Be sure to outfit your dog with a good pair of protective goggles or glasses to ensure he doesn’t get anything in his eyes. It’s also a good idea to fit your little buddy with his own helmet, to better protect him in the case of a crash.
- Designed for the weather: You probably won’t be riding through a down-pour, but you’ll probably need to scoot through a little sprinkle from time to time. You may even ride in some light snow on occasion. In either case, you’ll need to ensure the carrier keeps your pup warm and dry during such times. Obviously, crate-style carriers will work better in this regard, but wearable carriers made of water-resistant materials can keep your dog relatively dry.
- Canine Comfort: If your dog isn’t comfortable in his carrier, he won’t enjoy the ride. Be sure that wearable motorcycle dog carrier are made from comfortable materials and that none of the components will rub his skin and fur. Crate-style carriers should feature enough space for your dog to turn around, sit up and lay outstretched, as well as a comfortable floor surface.
- Mounting and Assembly: You’ll need to select a crate-style motorcycle dog carrier that is designed to fit your motorcycle properly. Many units feature a number of adjustment points, enabling them to work with almost any motorcycle, but others are designed for a specific make or model. Of course, the same applies to wearable carriers – you need to make sure they’ll mount securely to your body. This is most likely to be a problem for riders who are especially tall, short, thin or not-so-thin.
- Durability: Racking up the highway miles will take its toll on just about everything, including your dog-designed motorcycle carrier. Accordingly, you’ll want to look for products with durable finishes and quality craftsmanship to prevent you from having to replace the carrier.
- Portability: You’ll likely find it necessary to move the carrier around from time to time; some carriers even double as portable kennels. Look for models that feature handles to facilitate this mobility. Portability isn’t really a concern for wearable-style carriers.
- Price: Motorcycle dog carrier for vary quite a bit in price. Generally, wearable carriers are less expensive than crate-style carriers, but prices also vary within each category and from product to product. Try to avoid the cheapest products in any category, and limit price comparisons to similar products.
Top 3 Best Motorcycle Dog Carrier Comparation
There aren’t a great number of options in the motorcycle dog carrier market, but fortunately a few of them are really good products. The following three represent the best of the bunch:
|Kuryakyn 4199 The Pet Palace Bag||4.5||Currently unavailable, contact the seller||Quick view|
|Saddlemen 3515-0131 Pet Voyager||4.0||$$$||Quick view|
|Pet Ego Multifunctional Silver Pet Carrier - Airline Approved||3.8||$$||Quick view|
Our view: Top 10 Best Dog Stairs For Bed Reviews
“The pet stairs for dogs becomes popular as many pet owners are trying to help dogs with their high-grade arthritis, allowing your dog to easily and safely access their favorite points, can support an older Labrador Retrieder dog, or just a small dog like a Chihuahua that can not climb up or down from your bed without being supported”
Are you ready to take your four-legged friend on the road? The Kuryakyn 4199 Pet Palace Bag is equipped with all the bells and whistles you need to enjoy that time with your pet. Because of its versatility and features, this motorcycle dog carrier a popular choice for dog owners.
The interesting thing is that it has been designed with both you and your pet in mind. It’s equipped to make life easier for both of you. From a cup holder on the side to a dish holder for your pet, it’s got luxury truly covered. Speaking of covered, your pet will also appreciate the faux fur comfort liner. However, it is important to focus on more than the “extra features” of this motorcycle bag.
As a pet owner, it’s understandable that safety, reliability, and ease of use are all high priorities for you when it comes to a product. So, breaking down those individual components of the Kuryakyn 4199 Pet Palace Bag can give you peace of mind when it comes to the quality of the product itself. How is it going to work for you? How is it going to work for your pet? Let’s go through the breakdown.
How Is It to Use?
This motorcycle dog carrier was designed with both your dog and you in mind. That bodes well for its ease of use all around. First of all, it’s water resistant, so even if it’s raining on your ride, you don’t have to worry about the material getting damaged, or your pet wet.
It can mount directly to a luggage rack or passenger seat safely. It has adjustable straps to help secure it to a motorcycle, as well as stakes that secure it to the ground when you want to use it as a kennel. So, you can take your pet with you, and set up camp with a nice little ‘home’ for them.
The bag is easy to carry around, thanks to the carrying handle that makes it portable, no matter where you go.
Finally, the big question – how easy is it to clean? The good news is that it has a top and bottom zipper. This allows you to get into the bag from every angle, and make sure every part is clean. Plus, you can remove the faux fur liner to wash it, and return it once it’s been cleaned. As far as ‘ease of use’ goes, it’s as user-friendly as it is pet-friendly.
Kuryakyn 4199 Motorcycle Dog Carrier Have a Safe & Durable Design
You want your pet to be safe in this bag. Not only when you use it as a kennel, but when it’s attached to your motorcycle. Nothing can take away the fun of a pet carrier like worrying about the overall safety of the pet inside.
The straps and stakes that secure the carrier wherever it goes are the first defense for safe use. Peace of mind comes easily when you know your pet is safely secured in place, wherever they are. The bag itself is also extremely safe, due to the materials it’s made from, and the durability it boasts. The structure is secured to a rigid internal frame, to provide strength and stability throughout the bag.
Not only is it water-resistant, but it works in any conditions – even at night. It has stylish, reflective material to let drivers, biker, and pedestrians know that your pet is on board, and they should be aware. The lining is purposely piped with this reflective material, so aside from your lights, it should be the first thing other people see.
The bottom of the Kuryakyn 4199 has a faux fur liner that’s removable. This liner provides enough cushion, so your pet won’t feel the effects of the solid rigid frame. Plus, if they have an accident, or the fur just gets dirty, it can be washed and reinserted for optimal comfort.
As far as space goes, your pet will love the easy-open top window. With just a quick flip open, they’ll be able to poke their heads out of the window and enjoy the wind in their fur throughout every mile.
One of the extra features is the inclusion of two food/water dishes. While this may not play directly into the comfort of the bag itself, it’s a nice feature that can provide your dog everything they need in one convenient location. Comfort should be a priority for your pet, especially on long trips. The Pet Palace Bag has kept that in mind.
Specification & Dimensions of Kuryakyn 4199 Motorcycle Dog Carrier
The Kuryakyn 4199 is 21.5 x 18 x 17 inches. That’s important to keep in mind when determining whether or not it will be a good ‘fit’ for your dog. Small to medium sized dogs are probably the best choice for this particular carrier.
With a weight of just 11.8 pounds, it’s light enough to take with you everywhere you go. It also includes an adjustable leash to take with you, as well as two food dishes, and the stakes necessary to secure it into the ground.
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to wash with removable parts
- Safe and secure
- Lots of extra features (food dishes, stakes, leash, etc.)
- Can be used as a kennel or temporary housing
- Water resistant in all conditions
- Only suitable for smaller dogs
- Collar safety strap isn’t adjustable
- May not perfectly fit all bike models – requires some adjusting
Inshort, the Pet Palace Bag has a lot of solid features to boast about, and not as many ‘negatives.’ It’s important to think about your dog in particular, and how they might fit into the bag itself. Also, think about how you might be using it, and where you want to strap it. By taking the cons into account, and finding your answers, you may be able to cross some of them off completely and focus more on the benefits.
The Saddlemen 3515-0131 Pet Voyager is a pet carrier that’s designed to attach easily to your motorcycle. It is advertised as ‘the best way to carry your small pet on your motorcycle in comfort.’ Along with a sturdy foundation, a quick look at the product will allow you to see it’s loaded with extra features.
All of those features are designed with your dog in mind. The comfort and safety of your dog as they take a ride with you is clearly an important selling point for a motorcycle pet carrier. As a pet owner, that focus on safety alone can provide peace of mind. Of course, there are other things to consider when choosing the right pet carrier.
The Pet Voyager is designed to securely snap small pets onto practically any motorcycle. It also doubles as a standard carrier/cargo bag. That makes it easy for traveling from place to place, no matter your method of transportation. The extra features and attention to design are meant to make this an ‘all in one’ bag for you and your pet.
Set Up & Use?
Not only can this carrier be transformed into a cargo bag, but it also makes it easy to access your pet. There are multiple vents and flaps on the top and sides. So, not only can you reach your pet, but any cargo you might be storing, as well.
It’s also easy to attach to your motorcycle. It’s built with a double-mounting system. You can choose to either use a seat harness, or an adjustable sissy bar strap system. With the strap system, you can attach the carrier right to your seat, the sissy bar itself, or even a luggage rack.
When it comes to cleaning, the Pet Voyager has a removable interior tray and a removable cushion. You can wash off the tray, and throw the cushion into a washing machine for easy cleaning. It even features food and water dishes that can be stored away and brought out as necessary, to save on space, and improve cleanliness.
The carrier is built with several safety features. That includes proper ventilation for your pet, through different vent flaps on the sides. It also features an internal sliding leash mount. If you hit a bumpy road, the leash will keep your pet from jostling all over the place within the bag.
While the bag itself is water-resistant, it isn’t waterproof. That’s something to keep in mind if you ever hit any wet weather on the road. While it may not initially be a safety issue, it could compromise the structure of the bag, and create problems with the material.
One of the biggest positives of the Pet Voyager is its spaciousness. Of course, you’ll have to measure the bag in comparison to the size of your pet. But, it should hold up to a 15lb dog with ease. It also has a removable cushion, designed to keep your pet comfortable on long rides. And, that safety leash will also help them from being tossed around, so they’ll be able to enjoy a smooth ride.
Spec & Features of Saddlemen 3515-0131 Motorcycle Dog Carrier
The Saddlemen Motorcycle Dog Carrier is meant for smaller dogs. At 18.4 x 15.9 x 15.3 inches, larger dogs simply won’t comfortably fit. For its size, however, it’s a sturdy 11lbs. The bag comes with adjustable straps, an interior tray, and comfortable interior pad for your pet. It also features a backrest pad, food and water bowls, and two mounting options.
- Spacious for smaller dogs
- Interior leash for extra security
- Extra features and parts: Food bowls, multiple mounting methods, removable interior
- tray, cushions
- Durable material
- Multiple ventilation flaps
- Can easily convert into a backpack
- Not waterproof
- Not adjustable for larger dogs
- Too many flaps/vents can compromise the structure of the bag
The Pet Ego Multifunctional Silver Pet Carrier is designed for just about any situation, including riding your motorbike. With all of its additional features and functions, you’re likely to quickly find it’s much more than an average pet carrier.
We’ll cover the basic categories and concerns for most pet owners. Safety, comfort, and durability are always huge factors when it comes to motorcycle pet carriers. You can’t simply rely on one of them, and ignore the others.
Lifestyle comes into play, as well. You have to ask yourself if this is the right carrier for your particular lifestyle. How might your pet react to it? Is it for everyday use, or is it strictly for more active people and pets? Let’s take a look at what you can expect from this Pet Ego sports bag through our review.
The interior of this carrier has a leash installed. It can keep your pet safely and securely clipped in place while they’re in the bag, without making them feel restrained. You won’t have to worry about them jostling around or tumbling. The longer belts on the bag can even be used to attach it to your car seat or motorcycle, to ensure an even sturdier stay for your pet.
A bag that can attach right to your vehicle without the help of extra rods or straps always has safety in mind. Pet Ego knows that pet owners want peace of mind when it comes to hooking their dogs or other pets onto a vehicle. So, these straps are strong for a reason.
Finally, it is both waterproof, and UV protected, like the Kuryakyn 4199 Pet Palace Bag. So, no matter what the external conditions might be like, your pet will be protected and safe from the elements. Made from durable, strong material, this bag is designed to withstand quite a bit of travel. Safety is a key feature since the bag is designed for traveling and rough terrain. No matter how active you are, or where you take your pet, this Multifunctional Silver Sport Bag will keep them safe.
Comfortable for Dogs
Safety and comfort go hand in hand for the Pet Ego Multifunctional Silver Sport Bag. The same removable liner that keeps your pet safe and secure also keeps them comfortable. Because the liner is reversible, it can be used for every season. One side is plush and warm, for cooler weather. The other is a nylon-type fabric, that will keep your pet cool in the summer.
It has a window on the side that can unzip, so your pet can be comfortable inside while sticking their head out to enjoy the breeze in their face. If they get tired of that, they can easily curl up and take a nap inside the carrier.
The padded insert is also hypoallergenic, for your comfort when it comes to dealing with allergies, etc. It’s just another reason this bag is perfect for both you and your pet. They’ll enjoy the interior comforts, and you’ll enjoy being able to take it with you safely and comfortably wherever you go.
Specification of Pet Ego Multifunctional Silver Motorcycle Dog Carrier
This sport bag is the perfect size for cars and motorcycles. As stated above, it’s also completely airline-approved. So, you can take it with you whenever you fly the friendly skies. It’s suggested to hold animals up to 20 pounds, so it has a strong weight capacity, even with its compact size.
The bag itself comes in either silver or black, with several straps for carrying. It is 16.5 x 9.8 x 12.75 inches – the perfect size for all your travel needs.
- Extremely comfortable
- Easily cleanable
- Well-padded for any weather conditions
- UV protection & waterproof
- Sleek design
- Quality safety features
- No larger external pockets for leashes, snacks, etc.
- May be slightly smaller than listed dimensions
- Ventilation concerns due to the extra padded material inside the carrier
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR
Like this? Subscribe for more actionable tips for dog owners!